Exercising Influence: Building Relationships and Getting Results
The formal power structures are quickly changing or even disappearing, being replaced by newer, “flatter” and more flexible systems of governance. To provide products and services “faster, better and cheaper,” day-to-day decisions must be made where the action is happening. To be successful in today’s influence organization—regardless of your positional power—you need to be skillful and flexible in the way you influence others.
The Exercising Influence Program:
This two-day accelerated influence training program uses a “fitness model” to help participants develop strength, focus, and flexibility as influencers. Participants gather feedback before the program, which gives them valuable insights into their strengths and needs as influencers. Participants also learn new influence skills as they work through the program on real-world business situations. Through a series of exercises, including warm-ups, isometrics, cool-downs and behavior workouts, participants learn how to plan and prepare for important exercising influence opportunities up, down, across and outside their organizations.
Exercising Influence is a just-in-time learning opportunity, enabling participants to apply new skills immediately in resolving problems and conflicts and achieving outstanding business results.
• Use influence models to help them develop effective influence behaviors and a strategic and tactical approach to influence
• Evaluate how they currently use influence behaviors and identify areas for development
• Develop and practice a variety of influence behaviors which they have identified as important to achieving successful results
• Establish clear and powerful influence goals
• Design an approach for formal and informal influence situations; apply the approach to a real-life situation.
Who Should Participate?
Any individual who wants to improve his or her influence skills can benefit. This program is especially valuable to anyone in a formal or informal leadership role or anyone responsible for implementing change.
Exercising Influence is also available in French, German, Chinese, Polish, Spanish, Thai, and Japanese.
Call Gail McGaha at 301-299-0607 x2 to register.
2 Day Version, $995 – March 27 – 28, 2012 – Berkeley, CA AND April 23 – 24, 2012, Philadelphia, PA
Exercising Influence is a copyrighted program of Barnes & Conti Associates, Inc.